Saturday, November 14, 2009

Two posts in one

So after I posted a blog about the cabinets and paint job in our new house, people kept asking me to post more photos. So I finally got things looking somewhat decent and got around to taking some pics. Here are some photos of our kitchen and living room.



On another and completely unrelated note, Rob and I just got back from spending 4 days in Las Vegas. We went out there because I got hired to take a couple of family portraits out in Henderson and Rob decided to come with me and make a little vacation out of it. I only had to work two of the four days we were there so we got a little play time in as well.

When we got in on Sunday it was too late to really do anything, but too early to got to bed, so we decided to catch a couple movies. First we saw The Fourth Kind which was really creepy and definitely left you thinking. Then we saw The Box, I'm still not sure how I feel about that movie. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I've concluded that it was good, it was just strange and I'm not sure it made total sense.

On Monday we went out to Red Rock Canyon. Neither of us had ever been there before but I've heard it was really beautiful and always wanted to check it out. So we drove the scenic loop and took some photos before getting dinner at, of course, In-&-out burger. Which, for the record, I am not a fan of, but Rob loves it. He's definitely stoked about the 4 new locations opening up here in Utah, one of them happens to be less than 5 minutes from our house.


Ok back on track....after In-&-Out we scored free tickets to see the Blue Man Group at the Venetian from my sister-in-law. It was our second time seeing them, we saw them a year or two ago when they came to Utah, and we had a really good time.




Tuesday I photographed my sister-in-law and her family down by Lake Las Vegas. The shoot was a lot of fun and the photos turned out really cute. After photos my sister-in-law and her husband took us to dinner at the Lux Cafe.


On Wednesday I had another family portrait session, it was a repeat client that hired me last year and wanted some updated photos. The shoot went pretty well except for the mis-matched outfit their 8 year old daughter insisted on wearing. It consisted of brown stretch pants, a t-shirt with a ginger bread man on it, a brown and pink hoodie, a cream hat with blue and hot pink stitching anddogs and cats on it. Oh and did I mention the bright blue and green socks? I finally got her to take her hat off but that didn't last very long. Either way the photos turned out pretty cute and they were fun to work with.


Wednesday night we decided to go see Criss Angel's cirque De Soliel show: Believe, at the Luxor. It wasn't bad but defintiely not as good as I was hoping. Though his tricks and illusions were pretty cool, it was hardly a cirque show with only one true cirque de soliel part in the whole thing. None the less it was fairly entertaining and I have always wanted to see a Cirque show in Vegas. (Cross that off my bucket list)

No comments:

Post a Comment