Monday, May 9, 2011

My Life, My Family, Easter and Mother's Day

I can't believe I'm going to be 6 months pregnant tomorrow! I swear it was just yesterday that I was peeing on that little stick and walked out of the bathroom speechless. Now, here I am, only a few months away from welcoming our little baby boy! :)

Although still slightly surreal, the reality that I'm actually going to be a mom is finally starting to sink in now. We have chosen a name for our little guy, which actually ended up being easier and a lot less painful than I anticipated, and we're starting to get ideas and things ready for the nursery. I find myself getting more and more excited to meet him every day. I'm not going to share the name we've chosen just yet, I think I'm going to wait til he arrives. hehe mean I know.

I've been feeling a TON of movement, he moves all the time, day and night. I told Rob I think we're going to have a rambunctious one on our hands and he just smiled at me and said "That's perfectly fine with me". I still sometimes look at this growing baby bump and can't believe there's a little person in there that Rob and I created.

Here are a few baby bump pics taken over the last few weeks.

Easter Sunday
21 weeks 5 days

4/29/11
22 weeks 3 days

On Easter Sunday Rob and I had my family over for dinner, we colored eggs, socialized and stuffed wedding invitations. I can't believe my sister is getting married in 11 days!! I remember when she was 3 and broke her leg by falling off the top bunk bed, she snapped her femur and was in a half body cast for weeks. When she was 6 I was 12 and all she ever wanted to do was play with me and my friends, but being pre-teens we wanted nothing to do with an annoying little 6 year old. As she approached her own pre-teen years I watched her grow and bloom into a beautiful young lady. At 16 she started coming to me for advice on boys and school and friends, it was then that we really started to bond for the first time in our lives and despite the occasional hair pulling and name calling she quickly became my very best friend. At 17 she was the maid of honor at my wedding, the one who stood by me on the most important day of my life, and now, at 21, in less than two weeks, I will be her matron of honor, helping her celebrate the best day her life. I'm so proud of who she has become and have to say that my sister is one of the most beautiful people I know both inside and out.




At the end of April my sister and I took a much needed vacation to St. George where our grandma lives. It was an extremely relaxing trip full of nice weather, sun bathing, shopping, pampering, good food, movie nights and quality time with our awesome grandma. My sister and I had both been extremely stressed over the last few weeks with wedding stuff, pregnancy stuff, photography business stuff and just life in general. So it was really nice to get away for a few days and just relax.



I took my younger brother, Tanner, out to the Miller Motorsports Park to watch the Grand Prix a couple weekends. He got to ride in a mustang on a closed course, watch the races and spend the day with me and Rob. It was fun being able to share that with him and spend some time together.


Yesterday, for Mother's Day, although I didn't get to celebrate much myself, I did enjoy seeing my family as Rob and I went over to my parents and cooked dinner for everyone.

I have to say that I have the most amazing mom in the whole world. My mom has been my rock, my confidant, my listening ear and my superhero. My mom seriously does it all. I often find myself wondering what in the world I would do if I didn't have her in my life. She has saved me on countless occasions and is my cure-all for just about everything. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't talk to my mom on the phone at least once or twice, she is always there for me when I need advice, a second opinion or just need to vent. She always knows exactly what to say, what I need to hear and how to make me feel better. Not only that, but my mom is the one person I can turn to for absolutely ANYTHING. She's my doctor, my shrink, my tech support, my dog sitter, my emotional body guard and my consultant for all things life.

My mom is the person who will sacrifice a vacation to stay home and mail out wedding invitations, or stay up all night helping me with a project despite needing to wake up early the next morning. She will put her priorities on the back burner and go out of her way to help me on a moment's notice. My mom has helped me grow my business, mend my broken hearts, see my true potential and become the person I am today. She has taught me to love, forgive, understand, fight, be ambitious, and never take "no" for an answer.

I don't know if she knows just how valuable she is and how much I truly rely on her. I know I don't tell her enough how much she means to me but I absolutely would not be where I am or come as far as I have, if it was not for my mother and I hope I can become as great of a mother to my children as she has been to me.
I got this quote from the Relief Society Presidency and I really liked it and wanted to share it here...

"Woman is God’s supreme creation. Only after the earth had been formed, after the day had been separated from the night, after the waters had been divided from the land, after vegetation and animal life had been created, and after man had been placed on the earth, was woman created; and only then was the work pronounced complete and good." Gordon B. Hinkley.


~Happy Mother's Day~




3 comments:

  1. I love your bump! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Stace, make me cry, sheesh! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that wonderful tribute, Stacy! I sure needed to hear that lately. I didn't realize all those wonderful things! I am SO proud of the beautiful woman you have become and you are going to be the best mom! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete