Sunday, September 20, 2009

The day I turned 26

So my 26th birthday was on the 16th and I was fortunate enough to spend the majority of the day with three of my best girl friends. The day started off with lunch with my friend Sani at California Pizza Kitchen, one of our favorite restaurants, and a little bit of shopping at the Gateway. Afterwards we met up with my sister at Four Season Nails and we all got pedicures. I went with a deep slightly sparkly red, Sani chose a dark brownish red, and Brianna of course, went with a near black purple. Then they patiently waited while I got my nails done as well :)


After killing several hours at the salon we met up with my friend Signe, whom I am proud to say is my oldest friend, we have known each other our entire lives. Although it is rare that her and I actually get to spend time with one another ON our actual birthdays, so it was definitely a treat! We all got together for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory where they decorated a slice of Peanut Butter Fudge cheesecake and the staff sang me happy birthday (in a completely non-embarassing way, I might add) so that was nice. After stuffing ourselves of some seriously fattening food, Sani went home to her husband and the three of us, Brianna, Signe and I all went to the Utah State Fair.


By the time we got there we only had about an hour or so to kill so we just walked around being silly and checking out all the odd and disgusting things they have at the fair. Like a miniature, and quite scary looking Harry and the Henderson's doll, fried alligator, all kinds of cheap knick knacks and odds and ends and deep fried twinkies, oreos, candybars and brownies. Blah!


then we decided to check out the animals at the fair and walked around looking at the sheep and goats. One goat kept trying to eat Signe's shirt, it was pretty funny. Then some random guy showed us how to feed goats peanuts with our mouths. It was kind of scary and a little gross, but still kind of funny so we all tried it. Signe and I look totally freaked out, while Brianna looks somewhat comfortable and at ease. Maybe she's done this before???


After the fair we were pretty much pooped out and decided to call it a night. The next evening, since I didn't even see my husband all day on my b-day, due to me being gone with the girls, Rob and I went out. After coming home and surprising me with 2 dozen long stem roses we then drove down to Sundance where we had dinner at the Foundry Grill. The atmosphere was great, the food was delicious and the service was perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better dinner.


I've decided I'm at the point where birthdays are not as exciting as they used to be because along with celebrating and cake, you also get a year older and I'm not sure I like that my early and mid 20's are now behind me. But I do love being able to spend time with my best friends, my wonderful husband and seeing my family, so I guess if it means I got get older too, then so be it.

Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and made my day special. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment